As an innovative enterprise BIOSERV operates modern research laboratories where projects of Red and Green Biotechnology are carried out.
Among those projects are, e.g.:
- Testing of alternative procedures for producing genetically engineered interleukins and complement components; development of enrichment systems for interleukin/complement component produced in plant cells as a basis for the use in the sepsis therapy and for diagnostic purposes
- Development of a decision support systems (DSS) for the Integrated Test System
- Implementation of the procedures of allergenicity and toxicity into the DSS
- Toxicological and allergological research within the framework of the development of a DSS for the admission and supervision of genetically modified plants
- Toxicological and allergological threshold values and indicator substances
- Development of a recombinant vaccine component against RHD (Rabbit Haemorrhagic Desease) by using pea plants
- Development of downstream processing for a recombinant, plant-derived RHD antigen.
- Product development for the MD-2 biomarker in heart failure